Virgil;
What system are you using that gives you the daily crashes?

I agree with Tom that soon the current 5.0.x line will be turned into the "still" version line. I am running both 4.x.x and 5.0.x between my different dual booting Win10 partitions and my Ubuntu 14.xx/15.xx partitions and single OS systems.

I have not experienced any crashing, except for some very large and complex files. Maybe I do not use my LO version[s] as much as you do, but I am not getting your type of crashing.

So it could be something in your system that may not like LO, or it may just be that there is a corruption in the config files. If I remember correctly, 4.x and 5.x use different config file folders.

Yes, I still recommend 4.x to people, but since that like is coming to its end, I will have to decide if 5.0.x is ready "enough" for me to point clients and family to it.

Tim L.