I have a main form and a sub form.
The main form holds one single record, the sub form contains multiple records
related to the record in the main form.
Both forms are holding alphanumeric and also pure numeric data.
I wrote a macro to evaluate and calculate the numeric data in the sub form and
deposit the results in fields of the main form.

Now my problem: The numbers placed in the main form fields by means of the
macro are not recognized by the back end MySQL database. These simply are not
transferred, whatever I do. (If I write some figures in manually, the same are
being transferred without problem.) What can I do to work around this problem?
Is there any kind of trick that makes the form believe that the automatically
generated data have been put in by hand and treated accordingly? I am sure
there must be a solution to this.
Thanks for any help.