If it's only a matter of rewriting R1C1 in A1 notations, a simple function
could read the Rx and put the appropriate letter, then remove the C.
If you want to reference cells from the basic code, functions alreay exist
to get cells from their numeric coordinates, as said by others.
I think this cover most cases; also know that you can use the INDIRECT()
function directly in a cell with the R1C1 notation.

--
Cley Faye
http://cleyfaye.net