On 2016-02-10, 3:48 PM libreoffice-ml.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Italo Vignoli wrote:
On 10/02/16 20:10, Larry Gusaas wrote:
LibreOffice 5.1.0 doesn't find the installed Java on my Mac (MacBook Pro
Retina, OS X version 10.11.3). Had to reinstall LibreOffice 5.0.4.

Funny, I have been using LibreOffice 5.1 since Beta 1 on two different
MacBooks without any issue. Only if I use a wizard LibreOffice asks for
Java, otherwise the program runs fine (no Java installed on one Mac). I
will look if anyone has filed a bug.

Some of the functions in Database don't work without Java

I think you need to install 32-bit or 64-bit Java as appropriate to match LibreOffice. You can install both on a 64-bit system, so that both 32-bit and 64-bit applications can use Java.

Not applicable to Macs

Wasn't there something a while back about LibreOffice on Mac not recognising Java 8 unless Java 7 was also installed, or something like that? I don't know if that's still the case; I don't have a Mac so haven't followed it closely. From what I recall I think it was a bug in Java, not something LibreOffice could do anything about.

Macs require Java 6 installed in order to recognize newer version. That is not the issue since I have it installed.

As I said in my original post, i reinstalled LibreOffice 5.0.4. Java is recognized in the Preference settings. There is a bug in LO 5.1 which prevents LibreOffice finding Java.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese