Nasrin,

I'm no computer wizard, but I'm sure there are many reasons why a document would take much longer to load on a given computer. Different hardware could make a difference. Different amounts of memory. Different hard drive access speeds. Also, different operating systems will work differently. I run a computer with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.04 on it and the Ubuntu side of things is noticeably faster than the Windows side.

That aside, I wonder if there's more in your file than you realize. I have a document of over 1,000 pages. The file size, however, is only about 857 kb, less than one tenth the size of your 960 page document. I can load my 1000+ page document in less than four seconds on a 2010 Sony Vaio laptop running Ubuntu 14.04. So, I think there's more going on inside your file than you might realize.

As a test, I would try saving it as a pure text file (.txt). See what the file size is then. Then you can reload it into LO, save it as a an .odt file and apply some reformatting. When you save it as a .txt file you will lose any footnotes or endnotes as well as any images, etc. but you'll at least be able to see what you've got in a stripped down format.

Good luck.

Virgil