Hi Joel,

Joel Madero schrieb:
Hi All,

Please see this file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2kdRhc960qdV2dTVUh5aWZIUWc/view?usp=sharing

I'm hoping to create a linear graph from January of 2007 -> Current
Month using this data. I can't think of a way to do this without putting
the data in a different format (possible but not ideal). Can anyone
think of a different solution for a single line chart over time (I don't
want a different line per year or month). Thanks in advance.

Apologies if this shows up twice on list - I forgot I unsubscribed int
he past.

Technically it is possible, but it is cumbersome and instable. I would not go that way, but generate a one-dimensional list from the data. With such list, you can use a real time axis.

Now the technical part:

Enter category (first) and value (second) manually to the fields in the data range dialog.

For example:

in Category (for 3 years)
$Sheet1.$A$2:$A$13;$Sheet1.$A$2:$A$13;$Sheet1.$A$2:$A$13
Notice, the same range is repeated.

in Values (for 3 years)
$Sheet1.$B$2:$B$13;$Sheet1.$C$2:$C$13;$Sheet1.$D$2:$D$13

Notice, the parts are connected with semicolon.

Disable all automatic from the x-axis formatting. Set the type "Date" and enter the needed min, max and intervals. Set label to 90°. For the y-axis disable "source format" at tab Number and set to 0 decimals.

Kind regards
Regina