I'm trying to print certificates for a group of athletes and need to have them reflect their standing in the event. The certificate has a number of conditional text fields, such as to translate their gender from M/F to male/female, which are working.

However the ones that are doing numeric comparisons aren't. The comparison always seems to return "true" so the "then" condition is printed. For example Run Results.Race.place == 1 is the condition but the translation text is always "first place", never blank.

The slightly more complex Run Results.age > 18 AND Run Results.age < 60 always prints adult. I at one point had it print an else (senior) but that branch was never taken.

I've checked the .odb file and the age & place fields are both of type decimal.

What am I doing wrong?