I asked the same question on the need of a office package for my tablet.

What I found out, for my 10 inch tablet, you really need an external keyboard to use an Android Office package.

I too wait for LibreOffice to get an fully functional Android version. While I wait, I will use the office package available - other than Microsoft's Android office options. Once LO has its version, then I will have LO on Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and Android.