On Sat, 2016-05-21 at 15:01 +1000, Tim Lloyd wrote:
> I have to admit the various iterations of LO templates has
> consistently stumped me however...
>  1. open the document you want to use as a template (remove all
>     superfluous text first)
>  2. Template->Save as a template
>  3. You will be presented with the boxes you referred to earlier
>  4. Highlight (eg.) "My Templates", click save and give the template
> a name
> You then have the option of setting this template as default or
> opening it manually to create a new doc.

This is not an answer to the question.  The **wonderful**, nor broken,
extension was to ASSIGN a template to AN EXISTING DOCUMENT.  This is a
method for normalizing styles and formatting.

It is really painful that this functionality is gone.

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010