Hi Folks,

My apologies as this is not a per se Libre question but I can't find a
solution audio-wise and would greatly appreciate your help.

I'm testing screen recording software.

I installed all the audio drivers from the Toshiba site for my laptop.

But, when I go to test the mic to ascertain if it's working by
clicking on Hardware and Sound (in Control Panel) and then pressing
the Recording devices tab I get that hour glass which remains on
screen for hours and never opens anything to test the mic with.

In fact, on the bottom of that pop-up box the tabs for Configure, Set
Default, Properties and Apply are all greyed out.

The screen then freezes so if I click the OK or Cancel buttons nothing happens.

To unfreeze the screen, I must access Task Manager and shut down Control Panel.

I've tried this several times and each time the screen freezes so I
can't test the mic.

I needed to test the mic to see why it's not recording audio when I
choose narration for any video screen recording I try.

I'm up to date with all my MS Windows 7 updates (including optional
updates) as well as all my anti-badware.

All my other programs on this laptop work well and the laptop shows no
signs of any problems except this one.

I have plenty of RAM and hard drive space.

Any ideas of what I can try next are very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Charles.