On 08/04/2016 09:16 AM, toki wrote:
On 02/08/2016 16:39, Ken Springer wrote:
Now that you mentioned dBase, you may, or may not, be aware that LO has
a dBase option.  But a limitation to it that I found is that older
I didn't know this, but must admit dBase is probably not the best answer.
For most individuals, dBase3 is adequate. Perhaps a little slow, but
with current hardware, not spectacularly so. However, the major
stumbling block is that there is even less LibO documentation for it,
than there is for Base.

jonathon

I used dBase in the 80s and I must assume that since it still seems to have a demand, that users are still out there and happy with it. It did have some nice features, such as the programming capability, which is why I tried to import my files into LO rather than reinvent the wheel. I suspect most of the users are "on the other side of the pond", since I rarely hear of dBase users here in the US. Then again, Fortran is still active too. It takes a long time for that flywheel to coast to a stop.

Girvin