On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, Felipe T. Dorado wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:08:53 +0200, Felipe escribió:

FTD> I notice that you call your .csv file a "sheet" and I think it is not
FTD> a sheet, yet, but a text file.

I found the "Import" sheet option in the menus. I found it in  "Insertar" >
"Hoja de archivo", which in English should be: "Insert" > "Sheet file" or
"Worksheet"

My LO Calc has both Insert > Sheet ... and Insert > Sheet From File ...

I think this may be confusing: I saved the imported .csv file to disk and
the original .csv file is 1278 bytes long whereas the .ods is 34912 bytes
long.

-rw-r--r-- 1 philip philip  1278 ago 28 13:41 text_file.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 philip philip 34912 ago 28 14:12 text_file.ods

They cannot be "the same". Either the program or the translation of the
menu is wrong.  Inserting a file equals to importing it, fine. But calling
a .csv file a "sheet" might create confusion. And on top of that trying to
include this in a macro will surely confuse even more.

It seems natural that a .ods file will be bigger than a .csv file that contains the same data corresponding to a single sheet, since the .ods file has a lot of extra overhead.

I haven't been following this thread so I might have missed the point.

- Robert