Hello Julian

Have you heard of MuseScore: https://musescore.org/en

About SVGs:
You can export your score to SVG image format and import that into LibreOffice (=LO). If you want to split the multipage SVG from Musescore into multiple single page SVG-files you can use the
Musescore SVG Splitter from the SVG-Tools:

About PDFs:
True importing of PDFs into LO really doesn't give usable results.

But there is another way: Merging Score-PDFs into a LO-exported PDF. So while working in LO you don't see the content of the PDF but only a placeholder. When you export to PDF The score-PDF gets merged in. This requires the external commandline tool PDFtk installed and the LibreOffice document that you get here:
LibreOfficeSongbookArchitect (LOSA)

From https://musescore.org/en/node/103821

While I have not test the SVG export, it would probably give you much better appearance at varying window sizes.

Hope this helps.