message wrote:
Readers,

Could someone please explain how to apply the function 'ifelse' to
change a vector, for various conditions?

testseq<-seq(1:20)
testchange<-ifelse(testseq<=4,'x',testseq)
testchange<-c(ifelse(testseq<=4,'x',testseq),ifelse(testseq>=5,'y',testseq))

The last instruction causes the vector 'testchange' to change
dimensions, when the result wanted is:

testchange
x x x x y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y

I'm not familiar with whatever language that is (presumably one of the macro languages supported by LibreOffice?), but I would have thought your second condition would need to be in what appears to be the "else" block of the first condition, i.e.:
  testchange<-c(ifelse(testseq<=4,'x',ifelse(testseq>=5,'y',testseq)))
or maybe, if the 'c' indicates a condition:
 testchange<-c(ifelse(testseq<=4,'x',c(ifelse(testseq>=5,'y',testseq))))
or if 'c' indicates concatenation, you may not want it at all:
 testchange<-ifelse(testseq<=4,'x',ifelse(testseq>=5,'y',testseq))

Just guessing though, as I don't recognise the syntax of those lines...

--
Mark.