El 2016-12-01 00:02, Dave Liesse escribió:
I'm noticing some behavior recently that I don't like.  When I
installed v5.2.1.2, though, I seem to have eliminated all my existing
profile information so I'm hoping that on the first item, at least,
there's just a setting that I haven't been able to find.

1.  In Writer, I keep seeing "balloon" spelling suggestions. Can't
click on them to do anything, so very annoying.  Any way to turn them
off?  I haven't found anything in the options that does this.

This seems to be the "word completion" utility. See at Tools → Autocorrect → Autocorrect options and on the last tab disable the autocompletion.

2.  Also in Writer, using an arrow to move up or down is not always
placing the cursor in the correct place on the second line.  For
example, I type a line and, at the end, press up-arrow; instead of the
cursor being at the end of that (shorter) line, it's at a seemingly
random location within the text.  For another example, if the cursor
is in the middle a line and I press up-arrow the cursor is then at the
end of the second (longer) line.  I haven't been able to discern a
pattern.  Is this a known issue?  I'm not familiar enough with the bug
reporting system to find it.

I've seen that behaviour too. AFAIK it is present on all 5.x versions.

Regards,
Ricardo

Since it can make a difference, I'm working in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

Dave

--
Il mio blog in italiano: https://ilpinguinoscrittore.wordpress.com/
Mi blog en español: https://elpinguinotolkiano.wordpress.com/