I have managed to move my finance workbook from a CY 2001 version of Excel to libre-office-calc.

I had a lot to learn and I'm still frustrated when I want to insert a few lines of entries from the bank. It's a pain having to do a separate entry of the number of lines and then paste in contents. But..

Every time I start up the workbook I get a complaint that I'm using macros and references to another file which is probably where I stored macro-like commands that I wrote for Excel on the Mac. They used the Macintosh Programmer's Workshop, MPW, development tools.

I'd like to get rid of the mouse and keystrokes required to startup. I just say "no" to both but there must be a better way. For those references there is probably a reference in the 20 worksheets but Mr. Calc isn't telling me where they are. As for the macros I'd like to discard them and rewrite those I really need using your command structure. But where are they so I can killem? I have no intentions to return to my old Mac. Ubuntu Linux is closer to what I learned in the 1970's.