Version: 5.1.5.2
Build ID: 7a864d8825610a8c07cfc3bc01dd4fce6a9447e5
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 3.19; UI Render: default;
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); Calc: group

Linux Mint 17.3

I am having no issues with adding words to the user-defined dictionary.

When I go to:
Tools - Options - Language Settings - Writing Aids - User-defined
dictionaries - standard
and then click the Edit button I can see the words that I have added to the
standard dictionary.

When I reopen documents that I have added words flagged as misspelt to the
standard user dictionary, these words are no longer marked as misspelt.

Do the words that you add to the user dictionary actually appear in the
dictionary?

regards

Mike