Hello Gilles,

Le 09/07/2017 à 19:20, Gilles a écrit :
Hello,

This PDF file
<https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/download_code_pdf.do?cidTexte=LEGITEXT000006074228&dlType=pdf>
has no Table of Contents, and I was wondering if LO could grab all the
headers and build a TOC.

In order to create a PDF with a TOC/index you'll have to set heading styles to the appropriate paragraphs.

Opening a PDF with LibO won't go anywhere as the tool for that is Draw which can't set styles for a text processor.

I can't see a way to do that quickly, I'm afraid: a copy/paste from the PDF document to Writer is possible but you'll have to fix a lot of things (eg. useless carriage returns) and apply heading styles by hand. On a 400+ pages document this a big PITA.

Hopefully someone else will come with brighter ideas.

Bien cordialement,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux