Thanks for your reply Brian and Bruce...

On 11-07-17 03:02, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 23:52 10/07/2017 +0200, Wiebe van der Worp wrote:
>> I was watching this video:
>> https://blog.bricsys.com/tutorials/bricscad-spreadsheet-import/ It
>> describes two methods to get data from a spreadsheet to a CAD table
>> entity. The first method uses csv from Calc, imported to CAD. The
>> second method is a paste special procedure with Excel (viewer) with
>> preservation of (a limited set of) formulas. The question concerns the
>> second method: Is there an easy way to achieve this with Calc without
>> an Excel viewer?

> You can copy a range of a
> spreadsheet sheet from Calc just as you could from Microsoft Excel or
> the Excel Viewer. The question then is what your other product makes of
> that in pasting it in. Try Paste and try Paste Special, and try whatever
> options that offers. The copy from Calc will carry formulae; the only
> question is whether your other product can use this properly. I'd guess
> it probably would, but I don't have it to try.

BricsCAD runs on Linux too, making it, combined with Calc, a nice and
powerful combo. First thing I did after watching was trying all paste
options without success. But it is good to know that clipboard data
contains formulas.

As a second approach I unzipped a Calc file and tried to import
content.xml and got an error in BricsCAD: "Failed to find
'Workbook/Worksheet/Table' node in XML data." I guess it only expects
Excel. I will leave a comment at the blog entry...

Bruce, I tried your suggestions without success.

On the other hand: There is nothing wrong with importing cvs, it is a
working solution. And it was nice to see someone use Calc.