Hi Peter,

> I have a query which works fine. But when I edited it in the graphical query>
> editor LO refused to save it saying that there was an SQL error. The>
detailed message was "syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting BETWEEN
or IN> or SQL_TOKEN_LIKE". Even if I try to save the unedited version I
get the> error, which I find a bit bizarre. But it runs OK and gives the
correct> result.
This is the default-message when GUI doesn't know how to change the
code. You have designed the query after switchung from GUI to direct SQL
for adding
UCASE( "Wines"."Wine_Name" ) LIKE UCASE( '%' || ( SELECT "filterstring"
FROM "tblfilter" ) ) || '%'
and the query will work.
Could be better to change it a littel bit
UCASE( "Wines"."Wine_Name" ) LIKE '%' || UCASE( SELECT "filterstring"
FROM "tblfilter" ) || '%'
and to set the subquery for only one row, but could be it won't change
the behavior. Query will be opened for changing in GUI-Mode, but this
wouldn't work ...

Regards

Robert