Hey Harvey,

> I wanted to use the CONCAT function in a Base query. However, it seems
> that if ONE of the elements of the list to be concatenated is NULL then
> the CONCAT function returns a NULL. Am I right? Is it a bug or a
> feature?

feature, because anythin, which is connected with NULL should be NULL.

Do the following

SELECT "surname"||', '||"forename" AS "name" FROM "table"

for concatenate. You could concatenate more than two fields in this way.
If one field is NULL all will be NULL.

Now

SELECT "surname"||IFNULL(', '||"forename",'') AS "name" FROM "table"

will set '' for comma and forename if forename is NULL. Will only the
surname will be shown, if forename is NULL.

Regards

Robert