> On 11/10/2017 10:20 AM, Robert Großkopf wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joe,
>>>
>>> ttf-mscorefonts-installer
>>
>> Never heard LO will install ttf-mscorefonts. On my system (OpenSUSE) is
>> a special script to download ttf-mscorefonts. It has nothing to do with
>> LO. Could be there is the same script for Ubuntu. So start this script
>> with your installer.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Robert
>

> I have seen this font installer outside LO.  It was in my Ubuntu 16.04
> repository. BUT, it will not install since it seems to require getting the
> package from an off-repository site. Since these fonts are from MS, and the
> installer seems to be a .exe file, it is not available-maybe.

You don't need to install that package at all, see

"Just like the Liberation fonts are metrically-compatible with Times
New Roman (Liberation Serif), Arial (Liberation Sans), and Courier
(Liberation Mono), the Carlito and Caladea fonts (both now provided
with LO) are metrically-compatible with Calibri and Cambria
respectively. This means that if you use Carlito instead of Calibri,
your document will have the same layout as if you used Calibri." (via
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/15041/calibri-and-cambria-fonts-in-libreoffice/)