On 02.02.2018 12:07, Philip Jackson wrote:
> I'm mostly using LO on linux but I have kept a version [5.4. ish] of LO
> on a Windows box for occasional testing of documents. Having read a
> recent post which spoke enthusiastically about some LO 6 features, I
> thought I would give it go.
>
> I downloaded and installed both these two files from libreoffice.org's
> download page :
>
> LibreOffice_6.0.0_Win_x64.msi
>
> LibreOffice_6.0.0_Win_x64_helppack_en-GB.msi
>
> LibreOffice Writer, Calc and Impress applications appear to work
> correctly but trying to get the LO Help (F1) to work brings up an error
> message -
>
> "The LibreOffice built-in help is not installed on your computer"
>
> I downloaded the help pack a second time and ran the installer. It
> recognised the first installation and offered the repair option, which I
> accepted. But F1 help still does not work.
>
> When looking in C:\Program Files\LibreOffice, the help directory appears
> to be stuffed with lots of files.
>
> Any ideas how to get the applications to recognise the presence of the
> help files?
>
> Philip

I am experiencing the same issue. The SHA256 checked download of
LibreOffice_6.0.0_Win_x64_helppack_en-GB.msi installs without any
problem, but calling help (F1 or menu) returns the "Not Installed"
message, although Windows installed programs shows the en_GB Help Pack
as being installed.

The problem does not appear when the en_US Help Pack is installed.

Dave