> Hi.
> I am trying to use tabs to line some parameter pairs up. This may or may
> not be a bug depending upon the way you think a decimal tab should work.
>
> If you put the following into a writer document
>
> 4800=4800
> 19K2=19200
>
> Now highlight and Format>paragraph>tabs.
>
> Set a tab stop at 5cm, decimal, character set to '='
>
> Tab the above lines.
>
> Should the 2 = signs line up or should the K in the lower line align with
> the = in the top line?

I think they should align to the =. In fact, if you use anything but a
number, it will align to that anything. Try this: set a normal decimal
separator like a colon and test inserting things like

123,2
12.32
1m232

you'll see that the m aligns with the colon, but the dot do not. It seem
that the system is able to recognize colons and dots but treat anything
that it's not a number, a colon or a dot like a valid decimal separator. So
yes, it seems a bug.

Regards,
Ricardo