I often find autocomplete extremely useful so i don't like to turn it off; but
it comes complete with its own set of frustrations. I don' t know if developers
read this list so this could well fall onto stoney ground, but IMO - and i
stress that, IMO - it would be nice if:
1) LO  could make a distinction between backspace and delete. It is often
inconvenient if, when typing but not looking at the screen, and realising i
have entered a wrong character, to press backspace, enter the character i
should have entered, continue typing, and some time later to spot that the
backspace hasn't worked because it merely cancelled autotype suggestion. I
would suggest that rejecting autotype should be seen as a delete forward
operation (after all, the characters in the suggestion have not been typed yet)
and so delete key should work as it does; but backspace should actually work as
it would without autocomplete and should delete the last character typed (as
well as cancelling the autotype).

2) Hitting enter did NOT accept the autotype, but some other  key or
combination of keys was necessary to accept the suggestion;  It is just too
easy when entering text to forget to press delete and so end up with a word you
didn't intend, again especially when not looking at the screen, in which case
you wouldn't be aware that autocomplete had kicked in. I'm not sure *what*
exactly i would suggest for this, but it should be something that is not
regularly used to terminate a word or a line to explicitly accept the
suggestion (maybe shift-space??) Having enter accept the suggestion is
particularly tedious when entering text in calc, as it advances to the next
cell and you then have to double click to 'correct' the text.

Just some thoughts, that maybe will set someone else thinking.