Italo Vignoli-5 wrote

> So, any "radical" deprecation of features should be evaluated not only
> in technical terms, but also in marketing/communication terms. We cannot
> get rid of a feature without giving users a reasonable amount of time to
> migrate their data (and the fact that they are embedded in the zipped
> file is not a solution for most users, who are not even aware that files
> are zipped folders which include all document components).

Covered at the weekly ESC meeting [1]. With some discussion in gerrit where
the commit was backed out [2], and legacy HSQLDB support restored. Seems
conversion to Firebird would become optional at 6.1, and new Base data
likely being the Firebird engine.

 As of this evenings builds of master the FB3 driver is back to
experimental, so Tamás' request for Firebird data testing in Base is on hold
as this gets sorted.

=-ref-=
[1]
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Libreoffice-qa-minutes-of-ESC-call-td4237769.html