Yesterday (3 May) I wrote:

> I want to disable the setting “Use printer metrics for document
> formatting” in Libre Office Writer (Libre Office 6.0.3.2 on Ubuntu
> 18.04). When I deselect it it is automatically selected again every
> time I open a document, whether a new document or an existing one.

It occurred to me that this might be buried in the advanced features
(Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Advanced > Open Expert Configuration).
I found two references to compatibility here, under

org.openoffice.Office.Compatibility > AllFileFormats >
org.openoffice.Office.Compatibility:FormattingOptions['user']

and also

org.openoffice.Office.Compatibility:FormattingOptions['default']

In both places UsePrinterMetrics is set to “false”. I quit the program,
and when I open it again the setting under Tools > Options> LibreOffice
Writer Compatibility has changed back to “true.”