Hi :)
Apparently the Ubuntu people had trouble with some theming and their
wallpaper design and it wasn't until the last minute that they pulled the
plug and went with a different wallpaper.  They hope to fix this by 18.04.1
which is apparently being moved forwards as a result.

Oddly i upgraded this time and i've not got those problems.  It's only
about the 2nd time i've ever gone with upgrading a desktop OS rather than
doing a fresh install.  Usually i set-up a 'new' partition and add the new
OS to my multi-boot.  "System rot" and cruft are inevitable, especially
when i have a phase of installing and configuring new things so it's
usually good to have a fresh start with a clean system.  Also i usually
like to be able to go back to the system i'm familiar with to get things
done if i'm in a rush.

So, it's ok on an upgrade and i'm not sure about the rumour about 18.04
wallpapers and themes or if it would have an effect on LO.
Regards from
a Tom :)