On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, Séamas Ó Brógáin wrote:

I was dismayed to discover recently (and surprised that I never noticed
before) that Libre Office disregards the difference between, say, á and
a in spelling checks, and in find and replace. (Dismayed also to
imagine that someone thinks this is a good idea.)

If I enter the string 'éeéeéeéeéeéeéeée' and do Find (or Find and Replace) for either 'é' or 'e', it picks up only the appropriate form. And if I enter the text 'hélp help', then 'hélp' is flagged by the spell checker but 'help' is not. So I don't seem to be seeing what you describe? I'm using LO 5.2.7.2 under Debian Linux with the language set to English (Canada).

- Robert