On 12 Sep 2018 at 0:36, Art wrote:

To:                     users@global.libreoffice.org
From:                   Art <k...@myfairpoint.net>
Subject:                [libreoffice-users] can't prevent Calc from
modifying the number I type into a column
Date sent:              Wed, 12 Sep 2018 00:36:02 -0400

> I have a column of numbers I want to enter into a calc column.
>
> One of the numbers is 127.700 (for instance).
>
> So, I copy the number and paste it into the desired column. But, when I
>
> And, if I search the spreadsheet for 127.700, there are no hits!!!!
>
> I tried formatting the column to show 3 significant numbers after the
> decimal point, which looks good....but when I check the actual contents
> of that cell, it is still 127.7!!! And, I still can't search for 127.700
> (no hits)!
>
> I tried turning off the autocomplete, no change.
>
> It seems like calc has some sort of deliberate action to inhibit
> entering of trailing zero's (after the decimal point).
>
> How do I turn off this "feature"???
>
> When I copy and paste 117.000 into a cell, I expect to see 117.000 when
> I examine the contents of the cell. I actually don't have a problem with
> how the number is displayed in the spreadsheet, but when I search for
> the number I entered into the column, I need to get hits on 117.000 when
> I search for 117.000.
>
> TY
>
> Art

I just did the ctrl-F in a spreadsheet I have with floating point number. Have
number of 1.08 as the displayed data, but it only finds one of the 5. If I
click
formatted Display option at the bottom, it then finds all of them.

So, that should be on the bottom. I have version 6.1.0.3 on Linux (Fedora)
not sure which OS you are using or which version.

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor (Retired)
 mailto:mi...@guam.net
 mailto:msetze...@gmail.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins
 G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS

ROSETTA      65783064.026787 | ABC          16613838.513356
SETI        109522885.335812 | EINSTEIN    141379519.999240