I think it's a bug!

Just tried it on my system [H]:MM

I started with 16:46 in the cell which was OK

I changed the cell contents to 16:47 which was OK

I changed the cell contents to 16:48  the cell contents stayed at 16:47 but the contents of the Input Line was correct at 16:48

I changed the cell contents to 16:49 the cell contents changed to 16:48 but the contents of the Input Line was correct at 16:49

Weird.

Using HH:MM seems to be OK.

Have you checked bugzilla?

Alex