Den sön 24 feb. 2019 kl 05:30 skrev Owen-Kaelan <owenkae...@gmail.com>:

> I disagree. I often like to view documents simultaneously and it would be a
> real pain to have to keep tabbing between them. So if suck a feature is on
> the cards i would very strongly suggest that it be made optional (as is the
> case e.g. with gimp).
> Best
> Gary
>
> I guess I assumed the "optional" part would be employed necessarily. Yes,
> optional. My point is, since I'm usually working with several chapters at
> once (each in a separate document), being able to click a tab to switch
> among them is more convenient than having to go to the menu and click to
> open the other window (if it's not open, that is; I know that the command-~
> switches among them, but only when they're open). Also, having multiple
> windows open at the same time is a little annoying.
>
> Honestly, it's not a major issue, but I've always found the tabs to be
> convenient.

But your operating system can do this for you, can't it? What's the
difference clicking a "tab" in the taskbar from clicking a tab within the
actual programme? If you have multiple virtual desktops (which modern
operating systems have had since the early 1990's if not before) it will be
even easier.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg