Hi!

Maybe I just don't understand how this works, so I write her for help
determining if this is a bug or not before filing a bug report:

For this test I filled the B column with 40 random values 0–9. It turned
out like this:
B1 0
B2 5
B3 1
B4 2
B5 8
B6 9
B7 0
B8 7
B9 1
B10 1
B11 5
B12 4
B13 7
B14 3
B15 0
B16 8
B17 1
B18 0
B19 5
B20 6
B21 1
B22 2
B23 5
B24 4
B25 2
B26 5
B27 3
B28 6
B29 1
B30 8
B31 8
B32 0
B33 5
B34 0
B35 0
B36 6
B37 6
B38 8
B39 3
B40 0
Now I use the Match function to look using Type=1, ”the index of the last
value that is smaller or equal to the search criterion is returned”. The
formula looks like this:
=MATCH(1;B1:B40;1)
The expected result would be 40, wouldn't it? In line 40 we find 0, which
is lower or equal to 1 and it should be the last value that is.
Instead the result is 10 and I can't for my life figure out why. There's
absolutely nothing special with line 10. It's not the first 1, it's not the
last. The first is found at line 3 and the last one in line 29. The only
thing I can find that gives me the number 10, is counting to the first 1
from the end, starting at 0 (B40=line 0, B39=line 1 and so on), but that's
not it, because if I now enter 1 in B35 the result is still 10.

Also, if I use Type=-1, ”the first value that is larger or equal is returned”,
I only get #MISSING. Should be 5 (found in B3) or, if they mean ”the index
of the first value that is larger or equal is returned”, 2.

What am I missing?

LibreOffice Calc 6.2.1.2.
Manjaro 18.0.4

Kind regards