LO 6.0.5.2 on Mac Sierra (10.12.6)

In some cases I can click into a line and set tabs normally.  In the document where I had the problem I believe it was a bulleted list or indented text (hanging indent I think) where I was having the problem.  I opened the document today and quickly tried it again and can't find the section I was having problems in.  But I'm pretty sure I removed all formatting and started over in that section, at which point it worked.  Wish I could reproduce it, as it was quite frustrating.  My guess is it was something to do with whatever formatting was applied in that section.  I don't yet use Styles so any formatting would have been set manually, and that would have been minimal.

If I encounter it again I'll be sure to post again, and try to post a sample document.