On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 18:08 +0200, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> Hi Harvey,
> >
> > I am not using macros (yet...hmm). I create the queries with the
> > GUI in
> > SQL view.
> > I execute using the 'Run Query (F5)' function from the editor. The
> > SQL
> > text is not allowed to be stored with the syntax error in the one
> > case.
> > In the case of the shorter command, the SQL text is stored as a
> > query
> > and, it seems, could be run from the GUI, if it weren't for the
> > executeUpdate() error.
>
> The query-editor will only work with queries, not with updates or
> inserts. You have to start the command through
> Tools > SQL
> in the Base-file.
> >
> > The database itself is backend mariadb connectect via JDBC.
>
> So you have to use
> UPDATE `Adressensammlung`.`Adressen` SET `Adressen`.`Print_flag` =
> TRUE
> WHERE `Adressen`.`Xmas` = TRUE;
>
> Regards
>
> Robert
> --

Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot, that works fine!

A bit disappointing though. Is there no possibility for storing those
kinds of SQL statements, so that they could be used again?
I have a few in mind, and it seems a bit primitive to have to create a
clipboard type of text file for that kind of thing.

Cheers
Harvey