This sounds more like a hardware problem then a LibreOffice/software problem.

Some manufacturers have built in hardware diagnostics, run them if available.

If you have the ability to add a external monitor to the laptop.

Although it varies from *laptop* to *laptop*, some can turn on the *external monitor* by hitting the *Function Key* (*Fn*) plus the F5 *key*. On the *Toshiba*, continually hitting *Fn*-F5 , skips between the various *monitor* options including *screen* duplication and *screen* extension.
https://www.google.com/search?ei=cAQvXub9LKqd_Qb5nKbwBg&q=toshiba+laptop+external+monitor+function+key&oq=toshiba+laptop+second+monitor+key&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.0i22i30.427589.447202..449066...5.2..0.189.2795.35j3......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i273j0i131i273j0j0i131j0i67j0i131i67j0i22i10i30j33i22i29i30j33i160j0i13.VDP2nfMeXEU

This information can be confirmed from your laptop owners manual.

If you have the ability to create a Linux OS disk like Ubuntu, boot it and see the screen problem goes away. This may help to confirm a Windows driver problem.

https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#0

It also will allow you to do a memory check.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/591488/how-do-i-run-memtest86

Go to a different computer and look for search engine listings of your laptop model having similar problems.  Youtube videos can tell you a lot about what may be happening.

Google "YouTube Toshiba vertical banding"

Hope this helps.

Paul