On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 00:42:38 +0100
Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de> dijo:

>> But it all came out on a single line.

>left [ stack{ "+ consonantal"#"- voice"#"+ continuant" } right none

Aha! I had tried the stack command before, but it didn't work. I think
I may have left out the #s.

>In case you like mathematical + and - you need to provide a dummy left
>operand.
>
>left [ stack{""+"consonantal"#""-"voice"#""+"continuant} right none

That line didn't work. Not only did I not get the mathematical + and -,
the stack also didn't work. But the + for my font works pretty good,
and for the - I just use U-2212.

>, but I can't  figure out how to set the point size for it.

I finally found the place to set the point size. The only problem is
that I have keep resetting it for each new formula. It even forgets
that I don't want italic. And if I close the document and reopen it
Writer even loses the font name. There must be a style setting for this
somewhere that works, but the Formula style in the styles palette
doesn't offer much, and when I make changes Writer just ignores them.

>Write the lines as normal single line paragraphs and use text flow
>"keep with next" or write them as one paragraph with line feeds.
>Insert a bracket-shape at the start of the first line and anchor it
>"at character". The bracket-shapes are in the sub-list "Symbol Shapes".

This looks like it might be lots easier than messing with formulas, but
I don't have a Symbols toolbar. When I installed LO I thought I
installed absolutely everything, but maybe I missed something.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm making progress!