On 2020-07-31 17:28, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Den fre 31 juli 2020 kl 20:57 skrev John Kaufmann:
         Draw also appears to be not flexible, but uses /different/
formatting for Date (MM/DD/YYYY) and Time (HH:mm:ss AM|PM). This seems to
be the worst of all possible choices, because the formats are neither
strict ISO nor as I would like.

Which language settings do you have? I'm Swedish and in draw I can choose
between the following date formats when inserting a date field:
YYYY-DD-MM (default)
DD MMMM YYYY
YY-DD-MM
DD MMM YYYY
NN "den" D MMM YY
NNNND MMMM YYYY

When inserting a time field I have the following options:
HH:mm:ss (default)
HH:mm
HH:mm:ss,00
HH:mm AM/PM
HH:mm:ss AM/PM
HH:mm:ss,00 AM/PM

Those are all in Draw?! [BTW: I'll bet that ambiguous format "YY-DD-MM" is a
nightmare begging to be mistaken.] In my version (US, 6.4.4.2, W10) Draw offers no
alternative Date or Time formats. It's strange that localization would make that
functional difference.  Having said that ...

Though my localization is en-US, I choose "Locale setting: English (Canada)" just to get
the additional "Date acceptance patterns" (including ISO) -- which is a reminder that I
never understood the OO/LO obsession with choosing date and time formats for the user. The choice
restrictions limit users, require stupid and tedious workarounds, and are an unnecessary burden on
developers, who have much better things to do than define date and time formats for localizations
and languages. This thread seems another example of the wrongheadedness of that approach.  Having
said that ...

I still don't know the answer to my earlier basic question of whether the "Date
acceptance patterns" are related to the date format restrictions in some modules
like Calc and Draw.

Thanks for letting me know the this issue is far from settled in LO.

Kind regards,
John