On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:18:18 +0100
DaveB <da...@libreoffice.org> wrote:

> On 22/09/2020 14:17, Philip Jackson wrote:
> > On 21/09/2020 22:48, Dave Howorth wrote:
> >> Well the diagram in the book also has the buttons at the bottom in
> >> a different order. Either they used a different version of the
> >> software, or maybe a different desktop environment. The joy of
> >> linux:)
> >>
> >> But no, there are no underlines on the selections in [my] real
> >> life.
> >
> > Nor mine -  on 6.4.5.2
> >
> > Philip
>
> That suggests you are running Linux.
>
> The image Dave is referring to was taken from a Windows 7 install of
> the Calc Guide 6.2. We (The Documentation Team) always take captures
> of the guide we are writing about. As much as we would like to, we
> cannot cover every possible visual difference between each operating
> system.
>
> The conclusion to this thread is that Ctrl+- opens the dialog in both
> Linux and Windows (cannot speak for macOS), but the D key only
> functions as described by Brian under Windows, which is why Linux
> users don't see the underline. Although less convenient, Linux users
> can use the up and down arrow keys can be used to select the required
> option.

Since I believe such underlines were implemented on Unix/Linux before
Windows, it's disappointing to me that the functionality isn't there in
the Linux implementation.

And in this case where there's a functional difference rather than a
visual difference, it would be nice to see that documented.

But thanks for explaining the situation. PS I think you mean R key
rather than D key.