Hi Dan,

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this, but after several
hours of investigation I finally tracked down the culprit. Originally I
couldn't figure out why I didn't have this issue on my main Linux box.
So I started comparing my configurations for LO under Win 10 & PCLinuxOS
KDE, which as far as possible I try to keep in sync with each other. The
only noticeable difference was the default template being used.

It turns out that there was some kind of corruption in the default
template on the Win 10 machine and once I created a new default template
the Mail Merge toolbar issue disappeared. However, I am still left
wondering why the corrupted template impacted on version 7.1.3.2 and
version 7.1.2.2 was totally unaffected by it. Yet another of life's
little mysteries ;)

Best Regards
Dave