On 11/05/2021 03:22, Joel Roth wrote:
Using LibreOffice 7.0.5.2 on macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), setting the
number format to "#,##0\." (without the quotes, of course) works for me.
("#,##0.." also works, but that's too bizarre.;-)

On my version (6.1.5) both of these formats display the cell
contents with a trailing decimal point, but with this
formatting, inputting 123.45 results in cell content 12345.

This thread caught my eye and I can't imagine the use case for displaying the
digital point as the OP wishes - but I gave his model a try as I did also with
the two expressions proposed by Chuck. I am using Calc 6.4.7.2 in Ubuntu
20.04.2  The results were surprising.

I entered 123.59 in some cells in 3 columns formatted as: -

1) Numbers #,##0"."

2) Numbers #,##0\.

3) Numbers  #,##0..

All three columns then displayed my entries as "124."   ie, rounded up and with a final
"."

But, when I entered 123.59 into other empty cells in those 3 pre-formatted columns, my
new entries were displayed as "12,359." in each case.

So applying the format to an already entered number gives a final "." - I don't
know whether the rounding up is acceptable or not. But I imagine the OP wants to enter
his number into cells that already have his format applied.

Curiously, when I selected my 3 columns and attempted to return to 'normality' by
formatting the cells to Numbers > General, nothing happened. I had to change to
some other format than Number (eg date) and then back to numbers-general to get a
result.

When Numbers-General was eventually restored, the "124."  entries were returned to their original states of
"123.59" but those entries applied to the pre-formatted columns and which then displayed as
"12,359." became "12359" under the restored numbers-general regime.

Philip