Well, the simple way.
Select all of your Date cells with data and change the Cell format to
display only the month portion of the date.
When you create the pivot table, include the 'Transaction Date' column
in both the Columns fields list and the Row fields list, along with
Object.
You could also set the Filters list to include Object if you wanted to
look at Cars or Trucks.

I hope that works for you, best wishes,

Drew