On 13/08/2021 00:04, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 08:23:57 +1200
> Steve Edmonds <steve.edmo...@ptglobal.com> dijo:
>
>> Ctrl-Ins should copy, Shift-Ins should paste. Shift-del is like Ctl-x
>
> OK, that does work. However, it is a clumsy process because it requires
> both hands; the keys are on opposite corners of the keyboard. The Ctrl
> key combinations can be reached with just the left hand. Plus, I've
> been using the Ctrl key combinations for decades and it's silly to
> change, especially as I'd need to change just for one program.
>
>> Do you have Clipper active?
>
> I don't believe so. I dimly recall that this is a program where you can
> save multiple snippets and then select which one you want to paste. I
> have no use for that capability.
>
> The important point is that the Ctrl key combinations work in every one
> of the countless programs installed on this computer, except LO. What
> is wrong with LO? Could it be a personal configuration setting?

Sorry to be late with this, but I had to finish a hardware rebuild.
Your email header suggests you use PCLinuxOS, my distro of choice,
I just used LibreOffice Manager to install LO 7.1.5.2 and Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
and Ctrl+X all work normally for me.

If you have not already do so, try resetting your user profile by
closing LO, renaming /home/<username>/.config/libreoffice/4 and
restarting LO.