On 16/09/2021 13:32, Dave Barton wrote:
> Is there any setting available to prevent template names being
> automatically added to the Title field of the file properties. This is
> not the case for the "hard coded" default templates.
>
> I am fully aware of how to remove the template name from the Title
> field, but I do not want to do this every time I open a new file based
> on another template.
>
> TIA
>
> Dave

Answering my own question. While watching Gabriele Ponzo's "Professional
Templates" LiboCon presentation today, the realisation hit me that
templates inherit ALL aspects of of the document from which they are
created. The simple solution to my issue is to ensure that the "Title"
field of the "File Properties" dialog is cleared before the template is
saved.

Apologies for the list noise.

Dave