On 2021/12/15 21:11, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
Hi,

I am quickly losing patience with a task that requires a sum of values that occur on the same date, but at different times.

My raw data sheet is in 4 columns
Date/Time | Value 1| Value Y| Value z
2021-10-08 08:00:00| 5| 7| 0.15
2021-10-08 14:05:16| 3| 10| 5
2021-10-09 10:05:30| 15| 3| 25
2021-10-09 18:00:00| 15| 9| 6

After doing much reading of examples I thought the below formula would work, alas it does NOT WORK. Where is it wrong?

I copied the data I gave above onto a blank spreadsheet, formatted the first column as date YYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS. I entered the below formula in column G1

=SUM(INDEX($A$2:$D$5,0,MATCH(A2,$B1:$D1,0)))

The MATCH i.e. A2 is proving troublesome as I have tried the following:
1. INT(A2)  formula result #N/A
2. 2021-10-8 The formula will not accept 08  formula result #N/A
3. LEFT(A2) although this gives me a function result of "44477.3333" and formula result #N/A

So how the _ _ _ _ do you sum values for a particular column for multiple occurrences of the same date as above oh learned friends?