On 16/03/2022 20:01, Steve Edmonds wrote:

> On 17/03/2022 08:34, Dave Barton wrote:
>>> I'm surprised that exactly what you say works in OpenOffice. Don't you
>>> need to find space-dollar, just as you describe, but to replace with
>>> nothing? Replacing with dollar will surely insert an unwanted dollar
>>> character?
>>>
>>> Or have you forgotten to click "Other options" in the Find and Replace
>>> dialogue and to tick "Regular expressions"?
>>>
>>> I trust this helps.
>>>
>>> Brian Barker
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> After 22 Years of you and I being involved in this project, I genuinely
>> bow to your superior knowledge in this area. However, I do assure you
>> that the convoluted LO->AOO->LO  nonsense works for me, exactly as it
>> did in the days of OOo.
>>
>> No, I have not forgotten to click "Other options in the Find and Replace
>> dialogue and to tick "Regular expressions", please see my screen capture:
>> https://www.mediafire.com/view/80552jkp3qw6o8x/F%2526R_LO.png/file
>>
>> Here is a very simplistic file illustrating the <space><CR><LF>
>> paragraph endings:
>> https://www.mediafire.com/file/vmixa9r4dhjpc9e/F%2526R_LO.odt/file
>>
>> Version: 7.3.1.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
>> Build ID: a69ca51ded25f3eefd52d7bf9a5fad8c90b87951
>> CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19043; UI render: default; VCL:
>> win
>> Locale: es-ES (en_IE); UI: en-US
>> Calc: threaded
>>
>> If you can please show me where I am going wrong, I would be extremely
>> grateful.
>>
>> Dave Barton
>>

> May be this is sorted and I have received the emails out of order, but
> assuming you just want to remove the trailing space from each line, both
> Johnny's and Michael's methods work for me on your sample file.
>
> Find= [:space:]{1,}$
> Replace= empty
>
> Find= <space>$
> Replace= empty
>
> Use regular expression= checked
> Steve

Thanks Steve, but no it's NOT sorted.

You have "Kinda" given me 1/2 a clue.

What does {.1.} mean?

In all my researching of regular expressions, I have never encountered
this option. The wonderful thing about *_STANDARDS_* is that there are
such a wide variety of different ones to randomly chose and use.

Dave