I said but you can I don't have access to any materials or any way to test
this, but I suspect it's because the array is initialized using the array
function.

If you run a quick test and initialize your array by defining the size and then
manually setting the values, how better will work.

I am not saying it's not an error, but I suspect it has to do with how the
array statement creates an array. I remember correctly I found a couple odd
things about it.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​