I see the same effect when the column is too narrow to display the formula.
Display is ####

If the column width is increased so the entire formula can be displayed,
then the formula will be displayed.

The fact that the formula does not display over adjacent empty cells, like
text does, I would think of as a required feature. Not calling it a bug
because I don't know and couldn't understand the programming behind the
Display Formulas setting.

The formula() function does not behave the same way and will display the
formula over adjacent cells if they are empty.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 1:49 AM Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Using LO 7.2, in scalc I selected
>
> Tools-->Options-->Scalc-->View--Display_Formulas
>
> Which I activated
>
> However then the formula in that colum are displayed as ### (before
> turning this option on, the result was displayed)
>
> Is this a BUG or a feature.
>
> If it is a feature I fail to see its benefits.
>
> Regards
>
> Uwe Brauer
>

> --
> I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
> I support to deliver weapons to Ukraine's military.
> I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
> I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011