On 15 Aug 2022 at 19:33, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

From:                   Johnny Rosenberg
<gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Date sent:              Mon, 15 Aug 2022 19:33:15 +0200
Subject:                Re: [libreoffice-users] "reverse solidus" not
working in the find
        dialog box
To:                     LibreOffice Användare
<users@global.libreoffice.org>

> Den mån 15 aug. 2022 kl 13:38 skrev Michael D. Setzer II <
> msetze...@gmail.com>:
>
> > In Linux that are a number of option using standard
> > commands.
> >

> I think he said he's on Windows, actually.

Yes, but mentioned that there are ways to add both tr and
sed to windows. I also wrote a little cpp program that
does the same thing. Compile with linux compiler runs
with test 9 record file
linux run
time ./weird weirdmsg

real    0m0.003s
user    0m0.001s
sys     0m0.001s
windows run
time ./weird.exe weirdmsg

real    0m0.236s
user    0m0.042s
sys     0m0.097s

compiled with a native windows cpp compiler and run
with windows versus via wine might be close in time.

Said his file has 3,500 records so running with that would
give a better comparison.