On 05/14/2012 03:12 PM, Stuart Barkley wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2012 at 22:52 -0000, Rayson Ho wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to install Grid Engine in CSP mode??
> How often do people install with CSP mode?
>
> Based upon the lack of questions on the mailing list about it and the
> complexity of it, I'm assuming that not many people use CSP mode.
>
> Does this assumption seem reasonable?
>
> Stuart

When I started using about 8 years ago, I was using CSP. In fact, CSP
was one of the main reasons I chose SGE over the other options (torque).
Unfortunately, I started getting SSL  errors when using the certs, which
are outlined in the this e-mail the the mailing list from September of
2007:

http://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2007-September/015678.html

I didn't get any replies from the list on how to fix this problem. I
dealt with this problem by generating new certificates, but then this
problem showed up again about 6 months later, so I generated new
certificates again. When I switched employers and implemented SGE again,
I opted not to use CSP to avoid having these errors again. I think CSP
is a great feature, one that I would use and advocate if it worked, but
unfortunately, it has issues, and no seems to want the feature enough to
make those issues a priority for developers.

Prentice